User Research Working Student (m/f/d)
ToolTime is the digital home for craftsmen businesses. Our goal is to free craftsmen from cumbersome paperwork and last-century software. ToolTime is a venture built by BCG Digital Ventures together with two strong investors with in-depth industry expertise.
As User Research Working Student (m/f/d) at ToolTime, you will help us to continuously put user needs first and build empathy among the team. Being part of a small and fast-paced product team, you will shape the product development process through the user insights you generate from your research.
- Work closely with our interdisciplinary feature teams of designers, engineers and product managers to define research objectives and adequate research methods
- Formulate research hypotheses and assumptions that serve as a basis to build prototypes for user testing and validation
- Recruit research participants according to target group criteria and organize testing sessions with them
- Set up research concepts and conduct user studies that will create critical insights and help to identify future opportunity areas based on the main pain points
- Bring the voice of the user to life through research artifacts, user journeys, behavioral archetypes and other techniques
- Help to build up a user panel with potential research participants for regular testing sessions in our office
You are currently enrolled as a student in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Usability Engineering, Psychology, User Experience Design or a similar field.
You have experience applying different research methods, such as for example user interviews, contextual inquiries, card sorting, competitor analysis, focus groups, screening, survey design and other methods.
You are fluent in German since our users are mainly german-speaking.
You have strong communication skills to present insights and research findings in an engaging way and build empathy among the team.
You are a good conversation starter and know about active listening techniques.
Our offer / Our promise:
- Support and coaching from experienced professionals
- A highly motivated, international and growing team
- Open feedback culture and a strong focus on personal development
- No bullshit, data-driven decision making
- Freedom and responsibility, take ownership from day one
- Ability to impact the future direction of a new, fast-growing startup
Would you like to know more?
Feel free to reach out via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or linkedin via https://www.linkedin.com/in/vera-fuest-77243a65/